Hi! I’m Bonnie Gillespie and you’re probably a creative who’d love to stop being described as a “struggling artist” and start being called a “booking machine.”
Welp, you’ve come to the right place. As we jam through the four pillars of Self-Management for Actors, you’ll discover your most castable brand, identify the buyers who most need to know you exist, learn how to drop breadcrumbs down the path to your next tier (all while letting “them” feel like it was their brilliant idea), and never come off as icky like those folks who market AT people all the time.
If you’re new here and you haven’t yet read my top-selling book Self-Management for Actors, maybe you’d like to start by receiving some inbox love or poking around through some of the most popular pieces I’ve written (or broadcast) that explain what I teach… and how jamming with me can change your career trajectory TODAY.
No matter what, you’ll want to hop on my MAILING LIST to receive regular inbox love, inspiration, and immediate access to your SMFA Top 20 (a half-hour of inspiring and action-packed audio for your creative pursuit). Be sure you confirm the message that comes to you to unlock access to the goodness! You won’t want to miss a thing!
Including the phenomenal SMFA Hot Sheets that await you as FREE enhancements to your Self-Management for Actors journey. 🙂
Take a tour through the rest of this page to land on some really wonderful selections from the Bonniverse that will absolutely refine your tools and your mindset for having a joy-filled journey in showbiz!
JUST Getting Started
This business is intense and there’s a lot of noise out there about the rules (Psst! Here’s a tip: There ARE no rules! Yet… there are. Hmm…) so let’s start strong with this free five-part series.
- I Think I Want to Be an Actor
- 3 Things NOT to Do Early on In Your Acting Career
- How Long Does It Take to Hear Back After an Audition?
- Beware the Dreaded STOPPER!
- Why Formulas Don’t Work (for Long)
Getting Down with Brand YOU
Ready to take a deep-dive into understanding your most castable type and brand?
- Why Is Everyone So Afraid of Branding?
- Your Type Is a Shortcut — Use It!
- Your YOUness Is Your Brand Bullseye
- Understanding Your Brand Umbrella
- Show Us How to Cast You
Your Resume Is Not a List of Everything You’ve Ever Done
I NEED an Agent!
Do you *really* need an agent? Maybe… maybe not. Let’s be sure you’re lining up with the RIGHT rep with, you guessed it, another FREE five-post training series!
- How Do I Get an Agent?
- What’s the Difference Between Agents and Managers?
- The Agent WOW Kit — Is Yours Ready?
- When to Pay Commission
- Getting Auditions WITHOUT an Agent?
Footage That Fascinates ‘Em
Moving to LA
- Moving to ANY New Market for Acting Work
- When to Move to LA
- What Do Working Actors Think About LA vs. NY? Or Elsewhere?
- Casting Directors’ Top LA Tips
- The Ultimate List for Moving to LA (Bookmark This!)
When It’s All Just TOO Much!
What?!? Another kickass series to support you when you’re feeling overwhelmed and wanna quit? You betcha!
- Just Once More
- When to Pack It In and Go Home
- Feeling Overwhelmed? Here’s the Fix!
- 3 Biggest Actor Myths
- Get Your Mind Right
I’m Not an Actor… Can Bon Help Me?
Yes! The enoughness journey is for everyone! We’ve got you even if showbiz is NOT a part of your plan.
- Responsive Offer Development (interview with Tara McMullin of the What Works Network) will outline how to create — and get paid well for creating — exactly what your audience is already craving
- Bon can help you get your online business up and running thanks to JFDI with Bon (watch the FREE training and then get on the waitlist for Launch at 85%)
- If you’re a lover of the woo-woo, Bonnie Gillespie is The Astrologer’s Daughter (check out the latest woo-woo livestream too)
I Wanna Jam WITH Bon!
- Good news! We’ll soon reopen enrollment for Get in Gear for the Next Tier — our *life-changing* 100-day challenge — for the last 100 days of 2020
- Get some free training from our latest webinar or our free 11-day email series
- Apply to join our mind-body mastermind called Expansive Capacity (alumni only)
- If you’re ahead of the pack, please apply for private coaching
- Hit the replays of 20 days of FREE training conducted in celebration of 20 years of Bonnie Gillespie goodness right here
- No Bon, I just have a quick question!
Having Tech Trouble?
- Here’s how to be sure you’re getting our awesome emails
- Need to reach out to Team Bonnie Gillespie? Here ya go.
Still want more?
First things first: What’s your current tier? Select one of these three territories to get a sense of what might be right for you next!
- I live in a market outside of Los Angeles.
- I’m not yet a member of a professional actors’ union.
- I do not have representation (or I’m aware that my representation could be a lot better).
- I don’t yet have a demo reel (or I’m not really excited about the clips that I do have).
- I’m not crazy about my headshots.
- I’m not sure that my resume is formatted correctly.
- I have a lot of questions about “what they’re looking for” in the room.
- I’m still nailing down my TYPE.
- I’m overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for beginners. If you’re “starting out,” we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA just for you!
Yay! You’ve built a strong foundation and you’re truckin’ along to the next tier. Woo hoo! What’s next?
- I live and work in Los Angeles.
- I’m a member of at least one professional actors’ union.
- I have representation (or I’m transitioning between representation).
- I have a demo reel, but I’m not crazy about it.
- I’m cool with my headshots and resume, but feel they could be stronger.
- I see everyone scurrying about with social networking, but I don’t get it.
- I get in the room, but I sometimes have trouble “closing.”
- I’ve got my type figured out, but I’m not sure how to build a BRAND.
- I hate networking.
- I have career momentum, I’m just not sure I’m taking full advantage of it.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for working actors. If you’re “on the rise,” we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA that suits your needs!
- I’m a working actor with no survival job.
- I have a solid fanbase of active casting directors.
- My agent, manager, and publicist are all on board with my goals.
- My marketing tools rock.
- I’ve gotten so caught up in the pursuit that I’m losing my love for the craft.
- I’m hoping to transition out of a TYPE rut.
- I’m a non-actor seeking creative coaching.
- I need to show the buyers what else I can do, but I’m too well-known for what I currently book.
- I have some red carpet opportunities but haven’t had media training.
- My latest project took off more than anyone imagined it would and I’m jumping a few tiers way before I’m prepared to handle it all.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for those with champagne problems. If you’re living the life you always dreamed you’d have — but it’s not *quite* the way you dreamed it would be — we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA that celebrates you!