Hi! I’m Bonnie Gillespie and you’re probably a creative who’d love to stop being described as a “struggling artist” and start being called a “booking machine.”
Welp, you’ve come to the right place. As we jam through the four pillars of Self-Management for Actors, you’ll discover your most castable brand, identify the buyers who most need to know you exist, learn how to drop breadcrumbs down the path to your next tier (all while letting “them” feel like it was their brilliant idea), and never come off as icky like those non-ninjas who market AT people all the time.
If you’re new here and you haven’t yet read my top-selling book Self-Management for Actors, maybe you’d like to start by receiving some inbox love or poking around through some of the most popular pieces I’ve written (or broadcast) that explain what I teach… and how jamming with me can change your career trajectory TODAY.
No matter what, you’ll want to hop on my MAILING LIST to receive regular inbox love, inspiration, and immediate access to your SMFA Top 20 (a half-hour of inspiring and action-packed audio for your creative pursuit). Be sure you confirm the message that comes to you to unlock access to the goodness! You won’t want to miss a thing! Including the phenomenal SMFA Hot Sheets that await you as FREE enhancements to your Self-Management for Actors journey. 🙂
Take a tour through the rest of this page to land on some really wonderful selections from the Bonniverse that will absolutely refine your tools and your mindset for having a joy-filled journey in showbiz!
JUST Getting Started
This business is intense and there’s a lot of noise out there about the rules (Psst! Here’s a tip: There ARE no rules! Yet… there are. Hmm…) so let’s start strong with this free five-day email series.
Next stop: your inbox! You’ll need to confirm the email to get the free training. Yay!
Getting Down with Brand YOU
I’ve created a free five-day email series just for you! Ready to take a deep-dive into understanding your most castable type and brand?
Be sure to look for our confirmation email so we can jam about this free goodness! 🙂
Your Resumé Is Not a List of Everything You’ve Ever Done
- Starter Resumé (with free TEMPLATES)
- SMFA Essentials: Resumé Feng Shui
- Quick Fixes
- SMFA Essentials: Bios and Cover Letters That Don’t Suck
I NEED an Agent!
Do you *really* need an agent? Maybe… maybe not. Let’s be sure you’re lining up with the RIGHT rep with, you guessed it, another FREE five-day email training series!
You know what to do: Click the link in your confirmation email so it all makes its way to you!
Footage That Fascinates ‘Em
Moving to LA
Hey, hey! I’ve created another five-day email series to help you prep for the big move! Hooray!
Be sure to click that link in your confirmation email so you don’t miss a thing! 🙂
When It’s All Just TOO Much!
What?!? Another kickass email series to support you when you’re feeling overwhelmed and wanna quit? You betcha!
Shocker! There will be a lovely little confirmation email for you in your inbox when you sign up, so be on the lookout for that! Yay!
I Wanna Jam WITH Bon!
- Enroll in our upcoming Self-Management for Actors Retreat in Los Angeles or check out offerings in other cities
- Get in Gear for the Next Tier with our *life-changing* 100-day challenge NOW
- Check out the ninja marketplace thanks to SMFA-U
- Get some free inbox love for 11 straight days via our world-famous Get in Gear
- Apply to join in an ongoing mastermind group with SMFA Elevated (alumni only)
- Apply to join our *new* mind-body mastermind called Expansive Capacity (alumni only)
- If you’re ahead of the pack, please apply for private coaching
- Join us for free quarterly SMFA Tune-Up calls at this page
- No Bon, I just have a quick question!
Having Tech Trouble?
- Here’s how to be sure you’re getting our awesome emails
- And we’ve got a comprehensive FAQ for you too
- Need to reach out to Team Cricket Feet? Here ya go
Still want more?
First things first: What’s your current tier? Select one of these three territories to get a sense of what might be right for you next!
- I live in a market outside of Los Angeles.
- I’m not yet a member of a professional actors’ union.
- I do not have representation (or I’m aware that my representation could be a lot better).
- I don’t yet have a demo reel (or I’m not really excited about the clips that I do have).
- I’m not crazy about my headshots.
- I’m not sure that my resumé is formatted correctly.
- I have a lot of questions about “what they’re looking for” in the room.
- I’m still nailing down my TYPE.
- I’m overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for beginners. If you’re “starting out,” we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA just for you!
Yay! You’ve built a strong foundation and you’re truckin’ along to the next tier. Woo hoo! What’s next?
- I live and work in Los Angeles.
- I’m a member of at least one professional actors’ union.
- I have representation (or I’m transitioning between representation).
- I have a demo reel, but I’m not crazy about it.
- I’m cool with my headshots and resumé, but feel they could be stronger.
- I see everyone scurrying about with social networking, but I don’t get it.
- I get in the room, but I sometimes have trouble “closing.”
- I’ve got my type figured out, but I’m not sure how to build a BRAND.
- I hate networking.
- I have career momentum, I’m just not sure I’m taking full advantage of it.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for working actors. If you’re “on the rise,” we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA that suits your needs!
- I’m a working actor with no survival job.
- I have a solid fanbase of active casting directors.
- My agent, manager, and publicist are all on board with my goals.
- My marketing tools rock.
- I’ve gotten so caught up in the pursuit that I’m losing my love for the craft.
- I’m hoping to transition out of a TYPE rut.
- I’m a non-actor seeking creative coaching.
- I need to show the buyers what else I can do, but I’m too well-known for what I currently book.
- I have some red carpet opportunities but haven’t had media training.
- My latest project took off more than anyone imagined it would and I’m jumping a few tiers way before I’m prepared to handle it all.
While all of the SMFA tools will help you with your next tier jump, some are a better fit for those with champagne problems. If you’re living the life you always dreamed you’d have — but it’s not *quite* the way you dreamed it would be — we’ve created a category at Shop SMFA that celebrates you!